At the Performance stage of your career you should be aware of your main anti-doping responsibilities, including what happens during a drugs test. It is likely that you will start to be exposed to new training environments, international camps, competitions, coaches and athlete support staff.
During this transitional phase, we want you to feel confident that you have mastered the basics of anti-doping and are protecting yourself and your career as an athlete.
This section outlines key areas of anti-doping such as:
- your role in clean sport such as maintaining strong values
- the importance of checking medications, especially when abroad
- being extremely cautious with supplement use
- knowing about Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs)
- the testing procedures for urine and blood samples
- Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) and the consequences.