This section provides information to athletes who are required to submit their Whereabouts to the Anti-Doping Administration and Management System (ADAMS).
We are pleased to advise you that the current ADAMS whereabouts app on both iPhone and Android platforms has now been significantly updated and will available shortly. A push notification will be sent to current users to advise that an update is available, so to access the new version as soon as possible, you may wish to ensure that your in-app notifications are switched on under the settings menu.
The updated version will include:
- Improved overall performance
- The application will now permit the submission of full quarter information rather than merely facilitating the updating of information that has already been submitted on the main site
- A 60-minute time slot can be selected from between 0500 and 0600, as is the case on the main site
- A bulletin page where ADAMS notices will be visible reflecting the bulletins available on the main site
- Two factor authentication with PVQ (Personal Verification Questions) – An additional layer of security that has already been implemented in the ADAMS Web application is now reflected ADAMS mobile application as well
- Trusted devices - Once a user signs into a device using two-factor authentication a combination of username/password and a security question), they will have the option to trust the used device and bypass the PVQs thereafter
In addition, the problems with some Samsung Galaxy devices not being able to access the menu in the Android App can be overcome by keeping a finger pressed on the button to the right of the middle one on the frame of the phone for 3 seconds.
We hope that this version provides a better user experience for athletes to submit whereabouts information as simply and efficiently as possible.
Updating Your Whereabouts - ADAMS App
- The ADAMS app is now available for iPhone and Android mobile devices.
- You must submit your Whereabouts in ADAMS before you can update via the app.
- View the iPhone user guide for more details.
- View the Android user guide for more details.
Please note that some models of mobile phone (among them some Samsung Galaxy models) may not be compatible with the app. If your phone does not use on screen navigation buttons then you may not be able to see the menu. WADA is in the process of addressing this with a redesigned app, but in the meantime, you can trigger the menu button by keeping a finger pressed on the button to the right of the middle one on the frame of the phone for 3 seconds. If you are still encountering difficulties, please let us know and continue to use the website version of the site for now.
Logging Into ADAMS
Click 'Log in to ADAMS' at the top of this page or here.
** Please note that certain browsers are not supported by ADAMS, and it has come to our attention that the latest version of Safari in particular is causing access issues. If you receive a message asking you to ‘contact your administrator’ you should first attempt to use a different browser. If this does not work, please contact email@example.com **
Your ADAMS User Guide
The World Anti-Doping Agency has produced a quick-reference user guide to support athletes in using ADAMS. View this by clicking here.
Emergency Changes to Your Whereabouts
Emergency updates can be made to Whereabouts Filings up to one minute before the specified hour commences. This should be on ADAMS via the app or website where possible. If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the site, please use the alternative contact and update methods below:
Whereabouts SMS: +44 7781 480 710
Whereabouts email: firstname.lastname@example.org
These methods should be used for last minute updates where access to ADAMS is not possible.
Updating Your Whereabouts - ADAMS SMS
- You must activate your mobile number on ADAMS to use the service
- Text updates must be sent to +44 7781 480 710
- Full details of these changes and instructions on activating the ADAMS SMS service can be accessed below.
If you require further help with ADAMS or have any questions regarding your Whereabouts, please contact:
Alexandra Newman, Athlete Support Officer
Telephone: +44 (0)7553 370 029
Did you know that Global DRO is now accessible via your smartphone? Check medications on the move here.
You can find the 2018 Prohibited List in the Resources section of the website or view it here.