We want to collectively work with coaches and other ASP to ensure that we collectively ‘Protect the right to participate in clean sport’, UK Anti-Doping’s mission.
Coaches are integral to this mission.
The following are our clean sport essentials for coaches:
- Develop a coaching environment that nurtures a culture of personal excellence rather than win at all costs
- Develop positive values and beliefs in all athletes you coach and any other athlete support personnel you work with
- Ensure athletes are aware of the principle of strict liability
- Know what the 10 anti-doping rule violations are and how they apply to you and your athletes
- Be able to act as an athlete representative during a test
- Ask if you are unsure before advising athletes
- Know the risks of athletes using supplements
- Protect the integrity of sport, report anything suspicious either directly to UK Anti-Doping or via the 24-hour confidential phone line Report Doping in Sport
Our resources section provides videos, documents and factsheets that can help you learn more about clean sport.